Tuesday, August 22, at 2 p.m.: History of Enigma through Codemaking and Codebreaking during WWII
In this very special guest lecture, Richard Brisson will present the History of Enigma through Codemaking and Codebreaking in WWII together with a cursory glance at the Dieppe Raid Hypothesis.
This lecture has been arranged in order to mark the 75th anniversary of the Dieppe Raid (August 19th, 1942).
Admission for the lecture is $8. This lecture is sure to sell out so please secure your spot by purchasing your ticket in advance. Tickets may be purchased at the museum in person, or over the phone (with credit card payment).
Thursday, August 24th, 7 p.m. - "Raising a Glass for the Brockville Museum" Fundraiser
Tickets are now on sale for this highly-anticipated fundraiser! Once again we are partnering with Beau's All-Natural Brewery who have kindly agreed to provde some of their wonderful brews. Blue Gypsy Winery will also be here to offer some of their amzing fruit wines and King's Lock Craft Distillery will also be making their museum debut.
Four local restaurants, The Brockberry Cafe,The Georgian Dragon, The Mill, and Nakhon Thai will also be on hand to offer a variety of tasty delicacies for you to sample!
Well-known local musician Pat Johnson will be providing entertainment for the evening.
Tickets are only $30. To confirm your spot please purchase tickets by stopping by the museum or by giving us a credit card over the phone at 613 342 4397 (preferably no later than August 18th).
every Friday until September 1** -
- Reservations cannot be made without payment. Credit card payment can be accepted over the phone.
- Reservations may be purchased at any time, including the night of the tour, but only a paid reservation guarantees your spot. We cap our tours at 20. There is no minimum number.
- Reservations are only valid for the specified tour date and time. “No shows” will not receive a refund.
- Tours go rain or shine and are non-refundable. Reservations cannot be transferred to another day. Tour may be cancelled only during extreme weather, at the discretion of museum staff, at which time a refund will be issued.
- Tours are approximately 75 minutes in length and there are no washroom facilities on-route.
- This is a walking tour through downtown Brockville which does mean the tour includes climbing steep grades (hills) and crossing traffic.
- Please check-in at the museum 20 minutes before departure. Tours leave promptly.
October 13 &14, 2017: Kitsch & Collectibles Silent Auction
What treasures will you find? This annual Silent Auction features a variety of antiques and collectibles donated for the purposes of the silent auction by our community. Always an amazing select of treasures. Donations of quality items (of the kitsch and collectible variety) are welcomed from mid-August to mid-September.
Brockville's Premier Lecture Series resumes early 2018!
Now in it's 15th year, the Brockville Museum will host its annual winter lecture series running for 5 weeks commencing February 7th at 10 a.m. Once again there will be a wide variety of topics being presented. All lectures are held in the Carriage Hall of the museum and run for approximately 2 hours each.
Friends Used Book Sale every spring!
Come browse our selection of quality used books donated by our community. Always a great selection at amazing prices. We accept donations of gently used books within the month prior to the sale.