Talk & Tea: Second Thursday of the Month at 2pm
Explore Brockville's fascinating social and industrial history with the museum’s Interpretation & Public Program Coordinator on the second Thursday of the month at 2pm, featuring a different topic each month. Talks last about 45 minutes. Participants are encouraged to share their own stories and ask questions. $5/person. Includes tea.
Advance reservations are not required, but capacity is limited. If you would like to ensure your seat in advance, please contact the museum by phone (613-342-4397) or by email.
2023 Dates & Topics (subject to change):
- January 12: Winter Pastimes
- February 9: Brockville Beverage Companies
- March 9: Brockville’s Grocery Stores
- April 13: Churches and Community in Brockville
- May 11: Brockville Parks
- June 8: Frederick Lock and Painting Early Brockville
- July 20: Black and Decker, Parke-Davis, and Procter & Gamble in Brockville (Please note the date change)
- August 10: A History of the Brockville Arts Centre
- September 14: A History of Brockville’s Schools
- October 12: Guest Speaker: Ruth Lor Malloy (Please note the topic change)
- Speaking about her new book, Brightening My Corner A Memoir of Dreams Fulfilled, which describes her struggles growing up in a Chinese restaurant family in Brockville in the 1940s.
- November 9: Brockville's Patent Medicine History (Please note the topic change)
- December 14: Bands of Brockville
Click on the button to see past program recordings from 2020: Talk and Tea Prior Episodes
NEW! Cemetery Tour: Wednesdays September 13-October 4, 5:30-7
Join us for a stroll through Brockville's picturesque cemeteries to explore topics of urban development, health and sanitation, the process of remembering, and evolving concepts of spirituality.
Tickets are $10+HST/person. Tours go rain or shine (tours will be canceled in the event of lightening) and include walking through an active cemetery, so please dress appropriately. Tickets are non-refundable unless canceled by the museum.
Advance reservations are required (must be booked before 4pm the Tuesday prior), and capacity is limited. Please stop by the museum's front desk or contact the museum by phone 613-342-4397 to reserve your spot (payment due upon booking).
Private tours are also available! Prefer to go at a different time? Private tours can be arranged (subject to scheduling). Cost for a private tour is $75+HST or $10+HST/person (whichever is greater). Please contact the museum to discuss options and availability.