The objectives of the Friends of the Brockville Museum are to promote and enhance the aims of the Brockville Museum. The Friends, as a registered charity, formalize a group of volunteers and supporters interested in our heritage preservation.
The Friends are dedicated to:
- promoting the Brockville Museum;
- protecting and preserving the Museum and its collection;
- enhancing the Museum's educational and cultural programs; and
- providing financial and material support for Museum programs
Some of the ways you can support the Friends of the Brockville Museum is by becoming a Friend, joining the Friends Board, or making a donation. Enjoy the benefits of membership by completing a downloadable membership form and mailing it to the P. O. Box 552, Brockville ON, K6V 5V7. As a registered charity, the Friends will issue a tax receipt for membership dues and donations.
You can also support Museum programming and exhibition initiatives by making a donation to the Friends through canadahelps.org - select a specific campaign or make a general donation online, and they will issue the tax receipt.
For more on supporting the Friends, view this info sheet (click here).
How the Friends have helped in the past
- In 2021, the Friends of the Brockville Museum led the fundraising campaigns by contributing $11,470 for the renovation of the museum's Carriage Hall exhibitions, and $2,470 for a special outdoor exhibit showcasing artwork from the collection.
- In 2020, the Friends of the Brockville Museum financially supported in the amount of $15,179 for the special temporary exhibition Painting Picnic with Prudence Heward and made a significant contribution of $31,583 to the development of a Feasibility Study to explore options for the relocation and expansion of the Brockville Museum.
- In 2019, the Friends of the Brockville Museum donated $16,298 to support the development of the museum exhibit "Travel Trunk: Unpacking Brockville's Cultural Stories". This exhibit won the Ontario Museum Association's Award of Excellence for Exhibitions in 2019.
- In 2013 and 2014, the Friends of the Brockville Museum helped initiate the Open Drawer Project with the purchase of online collection database management software. This support has helped to make the museum's ever-growing collection available.
Every year the Friends support many museum programs, exhibits, and conservation initiatives, including the purchase of supplies that help preserve our irreplaceable collection.
Annual General Meeting
The Friends of the Brockville Museum held their Annual General Meeting on Saturday, February 25, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. The next Annual General Meeting will be held in 2024 as our fiscal year end now coincides with the calendar year end. Time and location of the meeting will be established later.
Current Friends Board Members
Nancy Van Ulden - President
Ralph Newson - Vice-President
Carole Joling - Secretary
Gill Hodge - Treasurer
Ways to Help
You can take out a one-year membership (single $20, family $30), or a five-year membership (single $100, family $150), and or make a donation. You can pay by cash (at the Museum), credit card (at the Museum), cheque (at the Museum, or by mail), or by e-transfer through your bank - complete instructions are on the Membership Application Form. We look forward to your support.
New Contact Information for the Friends
Please note that the Friends now have an email address which is firstname.lastname@example.org and a post office box for “snail” mail P.O. Box 552, Brockville, On, K6V 5V7.
Last Updated: May 16 2023