The objectives of the Friends of the Brockville Museum are to promote and enhance the aims of the Brockville Museum. The Friends, as a registered non-profit foundation, formalize a group of volunteers and supporters interested in heritage preservation.
The Friends are dedicated to:
- promoting the Brockville Museum
- protecting and preserving the Museum, its collection and its historical environment
- enhancing the Museum's educational and cultural programs
- providing financial and material support for Museum programs
One of the ways you can support the Friends of the Brockville Museum is by becoming a Friend! Enjoy the many benefits of membership by completing a downloadable membership form and returning it to the membership coordinator.
Support Museum programming and exhibition initiatives by making a donation to the Friends! Select a specific campaign or make a general donation online at canadahelps.org.
How the Friends have helped in the past
- In 2021, the Friends of the Brockville Museum led the fundraising campaigns for the renovation of the museum's Carriage Hall exhibitions and for a special outdoor exhibit showcasing artwork from the collection.
- In 2020, the Friends of the Brockville Museum financially supported the special temporary exhibition Painting Picnic with Prudence Heward and made a significant contribution to the development of a Feasibility Study to explore options for the relocation and expansion of the Brockville Museum.
- Between 2017 and 2019, the Friends of the Brockville Museum financially supported the development of the museum exhibit, "Travel Trunk: Unpacking Brockville's Cultural Stories". This exhibit won the Ontario Museum Association's Award of Excellence for Exhibitions in 2019.
- In 2013 and 2014, the Friends of Brockville Museum helped initiate the Open Drawer Project with the purchase of online collection database management software. This support has helped to make the museum's collection available online.
Every year the Friends support many museum program, exhibit, and conservation initiatives, including the purchase of supplies that help preserve our irreplaceable collection.
Annual General Meeting
The Friends of the Brockville Museum held their Annual General Meeting on Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 7:30pm via Zoom.
Click here to access Meeting Package (opens PDF).
Note from the Friends of the Brockville Museum - November 2021
It is with deep sadness that the Board of the Friends of the Brockville Museum share with you the sudden passing of one of its staunch and long-standing members Paul Sheppard. Paul was an active participant on the Board, both as a Director and Vice-president and had been a member of the Friends for seven years. We are stunned by his departure. We extend our sincere sympathy to his wife Joan and the rest of the family.
Nancy Van Ulden, President
on behalf of the Board of the Friends of the Brockville Museum